This Privacy Statement applies to information collected by Avalon Funds Management Pty Ltd ABN 82 601 991 388 ("Avalon" or "we") and its related bodies corporate. It outlines how we manage your personal information and safeguard your privacy. At Avalon, we understand your concerns about privacy and the security of your personal information. Your privacy is important to us and we are bound by the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles ("APP"). We are committed to protecting the personal information that we hold about you.
What personal information is collected?
Avalon only collects personal information that is reasonably necessary for us to perform our functions. The kind of personal information we collect and hold will depend upon the type of products and services that you request from us and may include:
- information you give us when you request a product or service from us. This information may include your name, address, contact details and relevant identification documents;
- your Tax File Number, ABN (if applicable), bank account details or other financial institution details;
- financial position and information obtained from credit checks if you have authorised us to carry out those checks;
- communications between us and your financial adviser or mortgage broker;
- transactional information about the use of a product if you have or had a product with us; and
- in a limited number of circumstances such as in some superannuation products, your personal health information.
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
How personal information is collected?
Avalon collects your personal information in a number of ways including:
- directly from you, such as when you provide the information by phone, email or in an application form; and
- from third parties such as credit reporting agencies, other credit providers or from other Avalon group of companies, if you authorise us to do so.
- Collection of yourPersonal Information may include us collecting from:
- Our authorised representatives;
- Our distributors or referrers, agents, business partners and affiliates, other insurers or related Companies;
- Our service providers;
- Family members or anyone you have authorised to deal with us on your behalf;
- Our legal or other advisers;
- Social media and other virtual communities andnetworks where people create, share or exchange information;
- Persons who are authorised under power ofattorney or otherwise to manage your affairs;
- Publicly available sources of information;
- Data partners, analytic consultants and other similar organisations; and
- Any other organisation or person where you have consented to them providing your Personal Information to us or consented to us obtaining Personal Information from them.
Where possible, you have the option of interacting with us anonymously. For example, you may visit and browse our website and use some of our online facilities without having to reveal any Personal Information.
It’s your choice whether to provide your personal information. However, if you don’t, we might be unable to fulfil your request for a specific product or service or be unable to identify you to protect you against fraud.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
Avalon will never sell, rent or trade your Personal Information.
If you believe that Avalon has experienced a data breach, please contact us by telephone 07 3067 8990, send an email to email@example.com or write to us at Avalon Funds Management, PO Box 108 Varsity Lakes QLD 4227.
Access to your personal information
You may request access to the personal information that we hold about you or request correction to personal information that we hold. Subject to the limited circumstances set out below, we will endeavour to process your request in a reasonable time or within 30 days. In order for us to process your request we will need to verify your identity. There is no charge for requesting access to your personal information, however in some circumstances, we may need to charge an administrative fee, of which we will inform you in advance.
In the event that we refuse you access to your personal information, we will provide you with an explanation for that refusal. These reasons may include:
- an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals;
- the information relates to legal proceedings between Avalon Funds Management and you;
- the information would reveal our commercially-sensitive decision-making process; or
- we are prevented by law from disclosing the information or providing access.
Use of our website
We will collect some information from you when you visit the Avalon Funds Management website www.avalonfm.com Your use of the facilities and services available through the website will determine the amount and type of information that we will collect about you. Some of this information will not be personal information because it will not reveal your identity.
The only personal information which we collect about you when you use the website is what you tell us about yourself; for example, by completing an online form such as an application form or by asking for a disclosure document for our products or by sending us an email. We will record your email address if you send us an email.
On occasion, we, and our related companies, may use your Personal Information to provide you with information about the products and services we or our distributors, referrers, agents, business partners, affiliates and any proposed new or incoming insurer may offer.
You can opt out of receiving direct marketing information from us at any time (see the section ‘Contacting us’).
If you would like more information about how we manage your personal information, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you ever have an issue or complaint in relation to privacy, please contact us via the contact channels listed above.
We take privacy related complaints very seriously and consider all complaints carefully as part of our commitment to being open, honest and fair in dealing with your concerns. We’ll contact you within five working days of receiving your complaint to let you know what actions we are taking regarding the matter.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your enquiry or complaint you can contact the Privacy Officer and request that it be reviewed by a senior staff member who will endeavour to resolve your dispute within 30 days from when you first notified us.
You can obtain information on privacy issues in Australia by visiting the Office of the Australian Privacy Commissioner’s web site located at www.oaic.gov.au, by email at email@example.com or by telephoning 1300 363992.